Unfortunately, due to seasonal winter layoffs I'm not working all that much these days, but that doesn't mean I'm completely useless around the home. And my hard working wife certainly appreciates it. If it was the other way around she would do the same, and when we're both working we split the household chores. Here's a list of things I've done today, in chronological order, and ALL of it before noon!
- Paid rent. Since the first was on a Sunday we're given a day's grace.
- Cleaned and replaced the cat litter. Not just the daily scoop, but I mean a full clean and scrub of the litter pan. Then I took the old litter out to the trash bin in the parking lot.
- Vacuumed the entire apartment including the couch.
- Dishes - including wiping down the counters.
- Folded and put away the laundry that my wife did on the weekend.
- Cleaned the Brita water pitcher and replaced the filter. The little indicator started blinking last night.
I only stopped here and there to make a cup of coffee, have breakfast, shower, and check facebook. If I was a super hero my secret identity would be Domesticated Man. Sure I don't wear a cape or a mask, and I don't have a fancy armored car loaded with cool gadgets and weapons, but I do have a functional pair of yellow rubber gloves.
Maybe instead of a bat symbol spotlight we can use a giant soap bubble. That might be fun.
Domesticated Man AWAAaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
The Wandering Oak.
PS: Completely unrelated; I've changed my screen name to match the blog name. Quercus Wanderus was just something I was trying out, but being called Q didn't feel right to me. (No offense to anyone intended) Besides, who speaks Latin these days anyway?