Thursday, September 6, 2012

I Showed Him The Ropes

   I had the day off, so I decided to visit the cruise ship pier today.
 
 
   At one point an elderly gentleman came up to me and asked me to explain how the crew handle the ropes that moor the big ships. I was caught off guard at first, mainly because I was listening to music in my earphones, but I really didn't mind answering his questions. As the crew hauled in the lines and tied the ship off, I gave play-by-play details of what they were doing. He seemed genuinely interested in what I was saying as we watched the ship come in.
   After I answered all of his questions, the gentleman then walked over to a bench where his wife was sitting and proceeded to explain everything to her as if he was suddenly an expert on the subject. I don't think he realized that she could hear me. The smile she gave me was priceless!
   Elderly people are great!
 
The Wandering Oak

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...